You can’t get your ring(s) off?!
From our Service Department
Okay, so I swear that gold shrinks over time. Really! After some years, it seems that often rings don’t fit anymore. For those who never take their rings off, this can come as quite a surprise. One day the ring needs to come off and, oh no! Before you panic, here is what to try. Note: if it is an emergency, please go to the nearest Emergency Department.
What to do:
- Pick a time of day when your hands are the least swollen (for some this is the morning; for others, the afternoon).
- Go to a place where the temperature is lower (outside in the winter; an air conditioned room in the summer).
- Hold your hand up (above your heart) for about 2 minutes.
- Next, put a generous amount of hand cream on the finger and the ring making sure it gets under the ring.
- Then spray some Windex on the finger and try to slide the ring off.
If none of this works, call us! Our Jeweller will be happy to cut the ring off. There is no charge for this service. Call ahead to make sure he will be in the store when you are planning to come.
What not to do:
Please do not let anyone take side cutters or any other cutters to your ring, unless it is an emergency, in which case, your finger is more important to save than the ring.
If you have questions about jewellery, please let us know. We can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com, or via facebook ( ), or twitter (@exquisite gold). If you are in the area, please drop by our showroom at 1094 Memorial Ave, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.
Exquisite Gold & Gems Inc.