Repairs & Ring Sizing
Your peace of mind is important to us. That’s why at Exquisite Gold & Gems, Thunder Bay’s Jewellery Store, we do most jewellery repairs onsite. Our in-house goldsmiths are trained in all manner of repair and customization such as:
- Ring sizing
- Repairing broken ring claws/re-tipping
- Chain repair
- Re-setting of diamonds and gemstones
Our large workshop is outfitted with industry-leading equipment for seamless repairs that are impossible to see with the naked eye. In the rare case we do need to send your jewellery away, we will discuss your options ahead of time.
If a stone falls out of your ring or necklace, there’s no need to panic. Bring all your jewellery repair to the professionals at Exquisite Gold & Gems. With fast, efficient, and onsite service, we complete most repairs within a week.
Exquisite Gold & Gems is also home to one of the few watch repair services in Thunder Bay. We repair and restore most quartz watch brands to get your watch working perfectly again! Come to Exquisite for:
- Battery replacement – most batteries in-store, but we can order those hard-to-find batteries too
- Replacing worn and scratched watch crystals – the best way to make your watch look brand new again!
- Strap replacement for worn or broken straps – we carry metal, leather, and sport bands so you can update and renew your watch’s look, and (most importantly) make it wearable again
- Assessment of mechanical and automatic watches – we can also help you facilitate the process if you need to send your watch out for a repair estimate.
Exquisite Gold & Gems can also undertake speciality jewellery repair thanks to our state-of-the-art equipment. We are the only shop in Northwestern Ontario with a precision laser welder designed specifically for repairing jewellery and eyeglass frames. It allows us to do micro-repairs and other fine jewellery repair that otherwise would need to be sent away including:
- Fine jewellery
- Costume jewellery
- Metal eyeglass frames
You get expert repair faster and more economically.